Steve Kriechbaum is an award winning goldsmith with 40 years experience in designing and hand making jewelry. Steve attended The University of Texas at El Paso where he studied fine arts. The majority of Steve’s studio classes were in sculpture and this is reflected in his pieces. Steve is comfortable making a wide range of styles from classic to Avant Garde. Steve is a master craftsman and is skilled in all types of stone setting including prong, bright cut bead, pave and tension. Steve markets his work through his studio, juried fine art shows and his website. He enjoys interaction with his clients to create the jewelry of their dreams.
When Steve is not making jewelry he enjoys playing music in the band “Little Red” or playing with the E-Flat Porch Band of McKinney, Texas. Steve also plays music in the Jubilee Band at St. John’s Episcopal Church in Austin. Steve has a wonderful family that supports him in all of his work. Steve hopes you will enjoy his website and will let him know how he may be of service to you.
Serving the Southwest and the World
All pieces are individually designed and hand crafted in sterling, platinum or gold. Steve enjoys the opportunity to sit down with his clients and take the time to come up with custom orders designed to their wishes and specifications.
Steve is well known throughout the Southwest through his exhibits at major art shows. At the 2007 Texas Jeweler’s Association Design competition in Galveston Texas, Steve took 1st place category 4.
“I believe that before one can successfully execute a piece of fine jewelry, one must skillfully master the techniques necessary, and continue to research and experiment with new techniques. I also believe my jewelry designs work with the natural beauty of the human form and that the jewelry has depth and versatility of design to span the test of time.”
“My jewelry pieces encompass both traditional and contemporary designs with emphasis on wearability. Some of my jewelry designs center around the use of a major colored gemstone and are often accented by diamonds or another complimentary gemstone. The majority of my work is done in 14K or 18K gold, platinum or combinations of these precious metals.”
“I believe as a professional it is my obligation to pass on these techniques and skills and to share them freely with others wishing to carry on the tradition of heirloom style jewelry.”
- Best of Show at the Texas Jeweler’s Association Design Competition 2016
- Best of Media at the Rockport Art Festival 2011
- Mark Chapman Award at the Art Walk Show in Fayetteville TX 2010
- Best of Show at the Waco Cultural Arts Fest 2009
- Best of Show at Midland Septemberfest 2008
- Texas Jeweler’s Association Design Competition Winner – 1996, 2001-2007
- Texas Arts and Crafts Festival Best of Jewelry, 1999, 2003, 2005 and 2006
- Best of Show, Angelfire, New Mexico 2005 and 2006
- Silver, Wichita Falls Spring Fling, Wichita Falls, Texas, 1998
- Top Ten, Ruidoso Art Festival, Ruidoso, New Mexico, 1995 and 1996
- Best of Jewelry, Fiesta Laguna Gloria, Austin, Texas, 1995
- Best of Show, Wichita Falls Spring Fling, Wichita Falls, Texas, 1993
- One of three awards, Kaleidoscope Art Museum Southeast, Beaumont, Texas, 1991 and 1993
- Top Ten Award, Lancaster on the Square, Lancaster, Texas, 1990 and 1991
- Exhibition Honors Award, Texas Arts and Crafts Fair, Kerrville, Texas, 1989-1991
- Best of Show, Old Oak Cliff, Oak Cliff, Texas, 1989 and 1990